Family Meal Menu Idea: Herbed Lamb Cutlets Recipe
Posted on December 06 2017
Ahh, lamb! When cooked to perfection, its rich, delectable flavour bursting out of the meat can always turn a typical family meal into something extra! What's even better is that lamb meat is so nutritious.
In the New Zealand diet, lean lamb, as well as beef, are considered as the best source of iron. Iron, as we know it, transports oxygen in the bloodstream to produce energy. It is also essential for a healthy immune system and aids in the overall health of our blood cells, bones, and muscles. Aside from that, lamb meat also contains zinc, protein, and the B group of vitamins.
The method of cooking lamb meat varies from one cuisine to another, but amongst the most popular are grilling and boiling, roasting, and baked.
What is your favourite lamb dish? Today, I'm sharing you one of our all-time favourites during family meals - Herbed Lamb Cutlets!
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl and then cover bowl with plastic or cling wrap.
- Put in the fridge. Let it sit and marinate for 2-6 hours. Marinate overnight for best results.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the marinated lamb cutlets on a baking tray.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until brown and cooked.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies on the side
If you are looking for the best easy recipes for dinner or simply just a stunning Sunday lunch idea, you've got to try this!
Note: This recipe is good for 2 people. Simply double the ingredients if you need more.