Here Comes the Sun – Swimwear Style Advice 101
Posted on May 31 2017
Ladies, ladies, ladies – from where the weather is beginning to warm up! Can you feel it? That summer feeling, can you feel it? Yep! It’s the time of the year once again when your days will be filled with fluttering butterflies in your yard, when your ice cream melts before you can eat it, and when your heart is just as free as your toes. It’s also the time of the year when you have a nice excuse to look for the latest style advice and go shopping. Why not when the sizzlin’ summer temperatures demand to be felt and your sweaters and scarves are stashed away?
The sun-kissed days and cool nights of summer are indeed the perfect time to unwind and have fun. Speaking of which, is there any better way to spend a weekend (at least) than staying cool by the pool or taking a dip in crystal clear, cool water at your favourite beach?
But wait a minute! Before you rush head on to your next adventure, here are the 10 commandments of summer for you to take note of.
- DO drink water and stay hydrated (Important. Vital. Crucial)
- DO wear SPF (Protect your skin at all cost, unless you want to look like a leather bag by the age of 40.)
- DO exfoliate (Keep your skin fresh by using your favourite exfoliator, including your arms and legs. Exfoliate once a week if you spend much time under the sun)
- DO moisturise (We cannot stress this enough!)
- DO protect your hair. (Put oil on your hair and wear a beach hat)
- DO pack light (Travelling somewhere? Make sure to pack more neutral and light pieces that you can mix and match. Have fun with accessories. Leave room for souvenirs.)
- DO swim (Swimming is the best exercise, take advantage!
- DO fake a tan (Because our bodies tan faster than our faces, it is better to use a gradual tanner or bronzer to your face, thus avoiding sun damage.)
- DO get pedicures (Keep your toes in shape and pretty on flip-flops. Play with shades like mint green or cherry pink.)
- DO relax (Enjoy your summer. Make memories)
Moving on, let’s also check some fashion ideas to sport on this summer, particularly swimwear.
Let’s face it, most of us girls have swimsuit shopping anxiety. Why? Simply some have this “morbid idea” that a lot of women simply aren’t Victoria’s Secret models who can get away with any style and still look like goddesses – although most of the women of today feel empowered and confident in their own skin – which is a wonderful thing! However, because of today’s fashion trends in which everything seems to look so nice and enticing, instead of making up our minds, we might find ourselves confused and unsure of what to wear. When it comes to style advice, one important and very effective trick to ensure you can rock your best look is choosing the right apparel, in this case, swimwear for your body type.
So as a starter, grab your tape measure and ask the help of your friend to find out what your real body type is.
Shoulders: Measure from the tip of one shoulder and then all the way around you. The tape measure should be high up around your shoulders making it almost slipping off.
Bust: Pull the tape measure over the fullest part of your bust and around your back, but not so taut that your breasts start to squish.
Waist: Measure the smallest part of your waistline, just above the belly button.
Hips: Start at one hip – just below the hip bone and wrap the measuring tape around the largest part of your butt.
Now it’s time for you to determine what your body type is, and for that, we encourage you to download our style advice FREE downloadables for this month of June – “How to Choose the Ultimate Swimwear for your Body Type”