Miss Jane’s Vegetable Soup Delish
Posted on January 30 2017
This vegetable soup recipe was contributed by Miss Jane, of Melbourne. We have personally tried this recipe ourselves and can proudly attest that it deserves a 5-star rating! It is, indeed, a hearty, healthy, and delicious dish that can be eaten on its own or served as a side dish.
You will need:
- 3 Litres “Massel Chicken Stock”
- 2 x 500g jars of “Leggo’s Tuna Bake
- Carrots, pumpkin, potatoes, spinach, celery, onions, mushrooms, beans, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, red capsicum. (Delete or add any vegetables preferred or disliked, it really doesn’t matter.)
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups noodles
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 – Put all vegetables (chopped up) into the stock that has been blended with the tuna bake. Add rice and noodles at this stage as well. Because of the quantity and the size of your soup pot, you may have to use more than one pot.
2 – Bring to a boil and then simmer until all vegetables are cooked through ready to blend.
3 – Add the 2 cups cheese while the soup is still hot; and then using blender or mixer, mix until smooth. This will make approx 5 litres of soup.
* Great cooked using slow cooker as well.* Quantities of vegetables are not a problem. Just chop up what you have.
* I have varied using eggplant, bok choy, sweet potato, etc. with great success.
* Important ingredients regarding the taste seems to be celery, broccoli, cauliflower, and capsicum.
* Freeze extremely well.
Liked this post? Head over to our RECIPES GALLERY for more easy-to-cook meals that your family will love!