About Mumsy & Bub
Welcome to Mumsy & Bub!
Hello, Mumsies! Thanks for stopping by!
My name is Katya Bowd and much like yourselves, I am a Mother experiencing all the joys and challenges that raising kids bring. I live in Canberra, Australia with my husband Matt and our two kids, Kaela and Taj. I migrated from the Philippines to Australia in early 2016 after Matt and I were married, so 2016 has certainly been an exciting year for our family!
2017 seems to be more promising than we expected. We’ve launched our website in January, conceptualized and implemented unique designs for our upcoming product line, hung out with cool people on social media, and have expanded our internal team. Everything’s just looking better!
How/When was Mumsy & Bub Conceptualised?
I’ve always been a “pen and paper” type of person and I believe in the philosophy that when a task isn’t written down on paper, it’s not going to get accomplished on time – or not at all! Those who know me well are aware that I simply cannot function without a planner. I’ve started using planners since high school and I can’t think of a time when I didn’t have one. Through the years, I’ve gotten into the habit of planning my day and jotting down my thoughts, upcoming tasks, and events.
However, at a time when parenting life just gets so full-on and you’d want to start getting organized at home and just basically stay on top of your game, searching for the perfect mum planner could be somewhat tricky. (It’s like shopping for a new pair of shoes – it needs to “speak to you.” ) Personally, I like something that looks nice yet functional, well-structured but not much of a nuisance to carry in your bag, and has enough space to contain random thoughts yet isn’t too overwhelming. When I became a mum, planners became my saving grace. I would customise each section to fit my needs as well as my family’s needs in terms of taking note of doctor’s appointments, dinner plans, and such; but I would have so much fun decorating the dashboards and pages with washi tape and dainty embellishments that planning has become more of a delightful therapy session rather than just a mere routine.
Mumsy & Bub was “born” with the view of catering to the needs of the modern mum by providing premium planning tools to help you accomplish personal, family, and professional goals. Moreso, let our Blog be your constant source of meaningful information to help you stay on top of your game as a mother – from parenting advice to easy, breezy recipes; from DIYs and home organization tips, and a whole lot more!
Easy, Breezy, Beautiful Motherhood
Aside from getting all hyped up with our products (which we hope to release mid-year), one of our primary goals is to connect with and inspire mothers (as well as mums-to-be) all over the globe. Our Blog aims to provide you with great tips and ideas on:
- Family & Parenting – This section gives you tips that will help you cope with real issues surrounding parenting strategies and parenthood in general, marriage advice to keep the fire burning in your marriage, how to manage overwhelming responsibilities, and how to make love, patience, and teamwork conquer all!
- Organization – A clean house doesn’t necessarily equate to having a happy home, but a cluttered environment surely does lead to a cluttered mind! Our life-saving tips on basic home organization methods, DIYs, and arts and crafts will surely be the cherry on top of your ice-cream! It’s just a matter of allocating a certain amount of time per day to get things in order.
- Recipes – Anyone can whip up delectable meals for the whole family. Find healthy and delicious family dinner ideas that everyone can enjoy.
- Health and Beauty – Being a mother means putting your family’s needs before your own, but this doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t need to take care of yourself. You deserve some pampering too, mumma! Our health and beauty tips will help keep you pampered and in shape – and it won’t take too much of your precious time.
- Musings – Random thoughts by yours truly 🙂
- Downloadables – We are constantly on the move to provide you with planning resources and awesome guides each month – all lovingly designed to keep your planning conquest a joy! Be sure to check this section each month for your smart dose of freebie goodness!
I really look forward to sharing our journey together. We highly encourage and happily welcome guest posts, so if you want to share your story or anything under the sun, feel free to get in touch! Hit me up via the CONTACT FORM, comment on our posts, and get active on our social media pages and let’s share the ups, downs, and in-betweens of being a Mumsy for our lovable little Bubs!